Friday, June 22, 2012

News Flash

For some reason I'm hitting the flashbacks again. No idea why... triggered by really random stuff: Again in a spin class last week, I had a real vivid one and this week I've had a couple... you know... blink and it's there... blink again and it's gone. For some reason the dude at the barbers decided to wash my hair (!) no, it's not cos I don't BUT had a REAL bad flashback to ICU when one of the nurses washed my hair in some special tray contraption (I remember I insisted on the water being cold- probably because I was running a raging temp!). Also, at the moment, I'm not sleeping well AND I'm currently getting those night sweats again... gross. Bloody well sick of all this. I have no idea what's caused it to start again either. Helen reckons it's to do with it being nearly 2 years since I was in. Not convinced cos I haven't given it any real thought (unlike last year! FFS Crow, get a grip!)
On a more positive note, it's getting ever close to the Torch Relay and I'm actually looking forward to it. Not looking forward to after (as I've got to take Scarlett and Anya to end-of-year balls/parties/whatevers!). Anyway, I run at 4.44pm on Tuesday 26 June. Map below of where I'm running marked in red. My uniform's turned up too. It's a bit chavvy but never mind eh! "Your time to shine" apparently. Well I'll bloody well shine in all that white and that's for sure! Just hope someone turns up to give me a little wave! Full report to follow :)


map of the centre of Immingham showing part of the torch's route. There are 9 of us running here.

The nice man from UPS brought me this package

Can't say I'll get much wear out of the uniform... I don't play that much cricket!


No comments:

Post a Comment