Friday, October 12, 2012

Pain and Disfigurement

Recently I've been getting a load of pain where I was operated on.... Not gonna blow this out of context- it comes and goes- and is a max pain of 4/10 so it's more 'a pain' than a proper pain if you get me. However, with all this cycling I seem to have changed shape a bit- for the better...BUT the scar tissue under my skin from the operations is starting to bulge and, to me, is starting to get unsightly. Not happy about this new revelation and I don't know what to do- I think a trip to the Docs is in order purely for reassurance that nothing is turning into a hernia. I certainly do not want any more surgery. maybe I just need to know it's ok and 'normal' and not gonna turn into something nasty. Hmmm....

I distinctly remember being told in hospital that the scar tissue would disperse over 12 months... well it's 2 years now and I feel like John Merrick!

UPDATE:
So, I went to the docs. Initially my main reason/concern was all of the above. However, things change pretty quick in the head of Phil Crow and to say I've hit a low would be an understatement. I feel at my lowest point, I feel undervalued, paranoid and so alone. I daren't talk to anyone about what happened and what I went through because I feel like I'm boring them and they don't want to hear it...again. I'm struggling with work: do I want to work- not really; do I enjoy work- yes, I guess so; do I need to work- unfortunately, yes. There has never been a time I could process everything that happened. I came out of hospital, got fit again, started work because I had to.... never a time where I could sit and do nothing and I think this is having an effect now. It's so frustrating that just when you think you're on top of it all, it comes back and knocks you for six. I'm so tired of it all.
Anyway, thought I'd drop this on the Doc- 6 questions on a bit of paper is how I'm diagnosed and, yes, I'm referred.... Again, that'll be another 6-8 weeks until anything is done. FFS!
Meanwhile, my physical shape- apparently everything is okay- no hernia- plenty of scar tissue but that's normal (HA!) The pain could be cause by intestine stuck to my abdomen wall when the operation happened as everything gets stuck together after an operation but it's nothing to worry about (easy to say when it's not you!) so that was that. In the mean time, I'm sat here with a massive sense of loss, worry, foreboding and general panic. Yesterday I cried too much. I want this to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment