Friday, November 15, 2013

A Word of Warning

So. 3 years on and medical negligence is apparently unproved.

Without threat or malice I have been 'instructed' to choose my words very carefully when describing what I went through. Well excuse me! I have only used words given to me by consultants or my own words because, let's face it, I was there. I do not attempt to describe clinical and medical but I can discuss how I feel and what I thought. I can also draw upon the words given to me by professional medical people.

Here's what my solicitor has told me...

I know that you are keen to highlight the shortcomings of the NHS (and possibly even the legal system by now), but my concern is that if you are ever challenged, you may have to admit that in fact your case was investigated using a very highly regarded and experienced expert and counsel, who concluded that the evidence just would not support a legal finding of negligence. This might rather undermine the point you were trying to make. I am not saying that people should not speak out; indeed, it is my job to do so and has been for nearly 25 years and it is true that the NHS does fail people. But I think what I am trying to say is that you do need to choose your audience carefully.

I get what she means but please! SURELY it is no coincidence that other people have gone through similar to me... case in point refer to this link.

We all know ICU did a great job as did Mr Barlow and everyone else. But this was after the damage had been done. It all began with an ERCP and poor nursing in Digby Ward.

I'm going to finish this post with the name of the muppet who should have been reprimanded for poor nursing (I'm not allowed to call it negligence!!!) Senior Nurse K Stoddard. Have a read of the pdf. This is the reply we got when we first complained about the quality of care I got on Digby Ward.

AND, let's not forget this picture below. Every nurse has (or had) one of these. Made any difference? I don't think so!


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment