Saturday, September 5, 2015

It's time!

This time tomorrow, I'll be in Peterborough, on my way to London, riding for Sepsis UK.
I've just done the maths and suddenly realised that (and this is today's post on Face book)
5 years ago to the day I was in Lincoln ICU. These few days on the bike will actually mark the final few days before being moved to a general ward. Not only did I have Sepsis, I had an "extensive abscess from the pancreas down around the kidney and into the pelvis.", a T tube draining bile from this area and I had also been infected with MRSA. I'd still got 3 more weeks before going home....
Very odd to thing of it especially as we will be visiting Lincoln ICU and hopefully seeing the chap who looked after me in ICU, Alan Liddle.
0900 we set off from Lincoln Cathedral
0930 Lincoln ICU
Lunchtime Peterborough
Teatime Cambridge

Monday will be
Morning set off from Addenbrookes
Lunchtime at Listers Hospital, Stevenage
Teatime meet up with all the other riders at Uxbridge ready to ride into Westminster on the following morning.

Jorg and I have raised over a £1000 ... my current total is over £700 and I'm overwhelmed. As you can see in the photo we've even got a support vehicle supplied by Lexus Lincoln with superb graphics applied by Allen Signs (big thanks to Matt and David). Thanks to Kate McFarlane for helping with the Lexus connection and James at Lexus has been fantastic and very supportive.
We must also thank the fabulous Kieran English all round good egg and copper at Lincolnshire Police for taking time out and being our support vehicle driver and soigneur.

We've also have great support from Nicola Gilroy at BBC Radio Lincolnshire. Another interview went out yesterday. You can hear it at the link below.

We'll be posting on Facebook and Twitter. Keep an eye out for #cycle4sepsis



No comments:

Post a Comment