Monday, October 24, 2016

Starfish The Movie

Just been watching BBC Breakfast this morning and they featured the Ray family and their biopic Starfish The Movie.


I knew very little about this family and why should I: We all try to have some privacy especially in times of crisis, but these folks have bravely turned their story into a film. In a nutshell, Tom went to bed one evening with what he though was flu symptoms. He woke months later to discover he'd had arms, legs and part of his face amputated. Cause? Sepsis. The story is (and please correct me on any of this as I have yet to see the film) also about the effect on the family and how they pulled it together. Fuck me, this is one hell of a brave bunch. Tom's wife was 9 months pregnant when he went in hospital, they also had a young daughter and they were self employed. I thought I had it bad but this is off the scale..... I have so many questions for them!

I watched a couple of short clips during the interview and I was almost in tears. How I'll cope with the film will be interesting! I'm not watching the trailer, I'll wait for the film. For those of you who want to see a clip, here is the trailer...

 

Here's an article about the family.... so much sounds familiar. I'll never forget my wife being asked if I was the same person she had married and her answer was "no".... that's hard. Hard on her and hard for me to hear and comprehend. How the kids cope, I have no idea.

Anyway, this film needs supporting so please go see it. I'll add a piece at the end of this once I've seen it.

More info available at their website www.starfish.film

No comments:

Post a Comment