Monday, July 18, 2011

St Ives 10k

And so I can proudly write up a small piece on the first extra team member to complete his event. Lincoln Drill Hall's one and only Simon Hollingworth put in a very respectable 59m27s for the St Ives 10k. Well done Simon and within the space of 24hrs an extra £100 raised with the promise of more to come!
Simon writes...

So the St Ives 10k was my third official race-type-run-thing, having done the Lincoln 10k in 2010 and 2011. I would never refer to myself as a runner, but I guess that gradually I’m coming to accept that it’s one of the things I do… so I’m kind of a runner. Sort of… ish.
I was running with my buddies Andy, Cliff & Pete (together we sing as a 4 part harmony comic cabaret group,  The Boxenburgs and are thinking about running the 2012 Lincoln 10k stopping every 2000m or so to serenade the crowds. What do you think?). Weather was kind (in a dark, gloomy, forbidding sort of way) and 2/3 of the race was across an airfield – we were told that if the sirens sounded we would HAVE to stop…. unfortunately they didn’t.
It was a ‘there and back’ style race so it was nice to be able to see the whole field stretching out in front and behind us (about 400 runners in total) but not so nice when the leaders started passing us on their way home, long before we were anywhere near the half way mark…
Anyway we managed to keep going (I swear the whole race was uphill) and I even dug deep for a last minute push to make sure I crossed the line under one hour.
A well-earned lunch and a sweet, sweet beer later and all that remained was one set of ultra stiff legs.



You will also note Simon is sporting the latest fashion... namely the 'Go With Crow' T shirt. There are a pair of his and hers available as a prize in the draw
...or if you can't wait, contact me!

Of course this now adds pressure onto GoWith Crow's other team member- 
Come on Gavin, let's get the sponsorship in- all for a great cause!

front & back of our Tshirt


No comments:

Post a Comment